Tuesday, January 1, 2013

A Year in Review / Resolutions

A Year in Review

Last night another year ended. A years worth of challenges, excitements, and even disappointment's have come and gone. Some of the bad thing I have survived and some of the good things I have embraced and in doing so I have become a stronger (and I hope a happier) person.

I've met a few new friend's, and let some older ones slip away. Life is like that sometimes, like the tide people come into, and out of your life. Some return again when the stars are right, others are lost to memory, never to be seen again.

My year began with something of a rough start. If fact, it was probably the lowest point of my life. Like the winter solstice, I began this year in a long night, and it took some time for me to be able to see that the sun was indeed rising and that life wasn't as bad as it seemed. 

Some of the things were out of my control, others involved the difficulty I had in pushing past the hardships I had been forced to endure. Someone that I loved abandoned me, but those that I trust, remained by my side. They never gave up on me, and even though they couldn't do much, I love them all the more for it.

As the wheel kept turning life continue presenting me with new challenges. I am sad to say that I was not up to facing all of them, but I did the best I could, and even though it was a struggle, I survived. Now there is a word I use all to often when describing my life "survival." So much of my life has been spent trying to get by that at times I think that I forgot to just LIVE.

Still there was more to my life than survival this year. I continue to take classes, and work toward my degree. Last semester I did very well despite my frustrations with my one online class.

The holidays this year went much better than last. I got to see most of my family, and had a nice relaxing time.

Resolutions

I have made a few resolutions this year, one that I can hopefully keep.

  1. Start a Blog: I've done blogs in the past but I feel I have more legitimate reasons for writing one now, so to help improve my writing skills I plan to post on here at least once a week.
  2. Finish my Novel: I've recently started writing a novel I am calling The Unkindness of Ravens. I decided to write this after a story I wrote for class was given extremely favorable reviews and I was told that it needed to be a novel. 
  3. Take Better Care of Myself: Exercise, eat better, yada yada yada... 
So this is my Blog, Hopefully it will be more interesting in the future!

No comments:

Post a Comment